Hi there! My name is Laura and I am a CPA who has specialized solely in cryptocurrency taxation since 2017. I am the owner of Crypto Tax Girl, one of the world's most reputable crypto tax firms, and I have helped thousands of people with their crypto taxes. If you've reached out to me in the past, you know that I'm usually pretty booked out (and I'm not cheap), which is why I created this course!
My team and I have seen it all when it comes to crypto, and we know how frustrating of a process it can be to calculate your crypto taxes on your own. We know what the pain points are, and we know a ton of tips and tricks to make the process go smoothly. In this course, my colleague Joe and I share our entire process from beginning to end (the same process we use for all of our clients!), and we preemptively go over all of the issues that you might encounter along the way. We have over 50 easy-to-follow videos showing you how to import your data, clean it up, and pull your final tax reports.
After completing this course, you will be able to confidently file your tax return, you will have new tax skills that you can use to help make smarter decisions, and you will have a reliable set of data that you can rely on in case of an audit. Whether you're new to crypto, or have thousands and thousands of transactions, this course is for you!
In this course we'll cover:
- How to use Cointracking (our recommended crypto tax software)
- How to pull your data using APIs, CSVs, and the blockchain
- How to manually enter your data
- What to do if you're missing data
- How to identify holes in your data and how to clean it up (the most important part!!)
- How to treat node, mining, and staking income
- How to enter NFT purchases (on the major NFT blockchains)
- How to treat gifts, airdrops, and spends
- How to deal with scams, lost coins, and bankrupt exchanges
- How to treat margin trades and liquidity pool transactions
- How to audit your data and confirm that everything was treated and entered correctly
- The different accounting methods you can use (FIFO, LIFO, OPTI, specific identification, etc.)
- How to pull a tax report
- How to fill out the tax forms that your CPA will need
- How to enter your gains, losses, and income in TurboTax
In addition, we also have a bonus section where I'll walk you through how to interpret your data to help you do some tax planning to reduce your taxes, make smart trades, and avoid surprises at tax time.
I am confident that this is the best crypto tax course on the market. I know you are going to love it and I am super excited for you to get your hands on it!
Hi! My name is Laura Walter, and I am a CPA who specializes solely in cryptocurrency tax issues. I am here to bring tax clarity to those who currently hold crypto, or to those who are looking to do so in the future. My goal is to make cryptocurrency taxation simple and easy to understand. I have helped over 1,200 people with their cryptocurrency tax needs, and I would love to help you too! I offer tax consultations, crypto gain & loss reports, tax returns, tax advisory services, and free crypto tax advice all year long on Twitter @cryptotaxgirl. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have any questions or feedback about the course!
Hey everyone! My name is Joe Howe and I have been involved in crypto since 2017. I have specialized in crypto taxes for the last 2.5 years and learned everything I know from Laura! I am currently a manager at Crypto Tax Girl and help oversee our crypto tax reporting group. If you have any questions about this course, feel free to reach out to me anytime at [email protected].
StartOverview of How to Import Your Exchange Data (1:00)
StartImporting Exchange Data via an API (3:41)
StartIdentifying Issues With an API (1:39)
StartImporting Exchange Data via a CSV (3:09)
StartOverview of How to Import Your Wallet Data (1:36)
StartImporting Wallet Data via the Blockchain (3:44)
StartImporting Wallet Data via a CSV (1:43)
StartOverview of How to Import Data Manually (1:01)
StartFormatting Bulk Manual Data Uploads (1:08)
StartImporting Bulk Data Manually (3:57)
StartInitial Review of Imported Data in Cointracking (3:36)